The Minnesota Mineral Club is a non-profit organization devoted to the study of Mineralogy, Geology, Paleontology and the Lapidary Arts. We are an educational group based in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, although membership is not restricted to residents of Minnesota. Monthly meetings are open to everyone. The Minnesota Mineral Club is a member of the Midwest Federation and the American Federation of Mineralogical Societies.
Our Mission: To encourage interest and education in geology, mineralogy, lapidary and earth sciences.
Our Vision: To be the premier rock, mineral, and lapidary club of the Midwest region by:
• Being the best resource for education of Earth Science based STEM, lapidary and minerals
• Being the primary gathering point for people with interests in rocks, minerals and lapidary
• Engaging and involving a diverse group of members
• Promoting respect for Mother Earth
• Supporting federation educational programs/scholarships
• Establishing an effective outreach program to engage and educate
• Integrity—ethical behavior with honesty
• Education—Earth Science, Minerals, Lapidary, Rock Hounding
• Stewardship—Live by the Rockhound Code of Ethics
• Inclusiveness—include all that have passion for our hobby
Club meetings are held at the Falcon Heights City Hall which is located at 2077 Larpenteur Avenue in Falcon Heights. Meetings are held the second Saturday of the month at 7:00 pm, except June, July and August during which time no club meetings are held. Visitors are always welcome at meetings! To join the club, click on the Membership Info link.